From:
Paleo Phil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Apr 2009 09:59:46 -0400
I received good questions recently in response to Dr. Bernstein's claim that
the pancreas has to work to produce insulin at bg levels above 83 mg/dl and
that someone whose bg levels stay mostly in the 90s is a bad thing.

Todd or anyone, how do Dr. Bernstein and others know that any rise in bg
above 83 mg/dl causes an increase in insulin above baseline? My guess would
be that someone did measurements at some point in the past that others are
sourcing, but I can't find any specific references to the original source.

Have there been any measurements of hunter-gatherer blood glucose levels?

Also, since you've gotten your bg down below 90 via intermittent fasting,
have you noticed any health improvements?

Thanks,
Phil