From:
Brenda Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Apr 2009 00:46:25 -0700
I am taking the NOW brand of the supp with the potassium, magnesium and taurine, but it's in capsule form with the powder inside.  Is this what you are talking about???  I usually can only gag down two of them a day, though, so maybe I need to do more???  I hate hate hate gagging, but I will do it if it will help this crap, for sure!!

I have not had a chance to research that pemmican stuff that you sent me yet...my Mom had a bad diagnosis at the docs this past week, we kinda saw it coming, but still hard to digest, so I haven't checked it out yet, BUT I WILL.  Just have to get through some other mental crap first.  A pemmican-only diet???  Oh sheesh, I will probably be bored as hell, lol, and I don't even know what pemmican tastes like yet!!  But that's OK, cuz I take EVERYTHING under advisement, and you have given me a lot more to think about than the docs ever did.  These meds are starting to work pretty damn good, but I don't want that to make me complacent and rely on them forever, because, as you said, it's not curing it, it's just covering it up.  BTW, what is Psvt???  That's a new one on me!!

Grateful as always to you,
Love,
Bren

Brenda, a tip:
Many with heart rhythm disturbances reduce and even eliminate most of them by "supplementing" their diet with potassium gluconate (powder, NOW brand), magnesium chelate (Albion process), and taurine - the big three. These people are all carbohydrate eaters, many of them "modified" paleo AKA cheaters..
Zero carb/pemmican eaters don't supplement them because they are all present in balanced form in raw meat, and bio-available IN THE ABSENCE OF CARBOHYDRATES.

I've tested a supplement on myself and found that I have a potassium-wasting body; this is an [b]inevitable[/b] part of carbohydrate metabolism. For me, as I have psvt, and it is caused by deficiency - mostly potassium.

AFAIK you are probably in the same boat. The only way I know to prove it is to test the proposition by doing a pemmican-only diet, which is after all the strictest paleo diet.

William