From:
Alec Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2008 08:26:17 -0700
If it is the one I was hearing about I think the girl was diabetic.
I don't know if she was  type I (insulin dependent) or type II which is not necessarily insulin dependent.  For type II most doctors with their high carb ADA diets make it worse. However depending on how bad the girl was she may have needed some medications on a temporary emergency basis until stabilized on a low carb diet.  Those medications can be tapered off.  For type I, I think you may still need insulin.  Dr. Bernstein has had a lot of success in treating diabetics but admits some type I diabetics need small doses of insulin

http://www.diabetes-normalsugars.com/