From:
Alec Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2008 10:36:22 -0700
My mother has just gotten her lab results.

Total Cholesterol: 253
HDL: 53
LDL: 161
Triglycerides: 209.

Her total was also 253 last July.  I don't remember the other numbers.  She has been using the Nature Made Cholestoff now 4 four months and that hasn't helped.   The biggest surprise was the triglycerides being so high and she has a cookie or two maybe once a week (after church on Sunday). Other than that she has given up on sugar.   The doctor put her on Zocor.   So, I don't know what advise I can give her. At age 75 she isn't likely to become paleo.  In fact she doesn't like vegetable that much.
Sunday night I made a salad for myself in a serving bowl and ate the whole thing.  I made her a salad that was in a small soup bowl (but it was heaping over the top) but she couldn't finish it.  So should I just let her take the Zocor?
She has been living with me since my father (adoptive stepfather) died of a heart attack in 1993.