From:
Kathryn Rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jun 2007 11:57:11 -0600
From: "Inci Willard" <[log in to unmask]>

> Here's the article.
> http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06200/706840-59.stm

Thanks, Inci.  Fascinating article.  It all makes more sense to me knowing
that her "pets" were wolf-dog hybrids and that "Ms. Piovesan treated her
wolves like children, and said as much when neighbors asked about them."
I spent an afternoon with a researcher who has many wolves here in NM and
studies wolf family relationships.  She spoke about the absolute need to
understand pack dynamics, alpha animals, etc. before working w/ wolves.

Thanks for telling us about your wonderful working dogs.  I raised my dog on
a raw diet also; she was a large dog & lived to be 14.  It's great to know
that you and your animals are on species appropriate diets.

Let me know off list if you plan to visit NM again; I'd love to meet you.

Kath