From:
JK Gatto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2007 12:12:45 -0800
Marilyn Harris <[log in to unmask]> wrote:     Someone asked about this abstract? The last sentence is a good description:

"The present study shows that removal of visceral fat improves insulin signal transduction and glucose homeostasis in an animal model of diet-induced obesity and diabetes mellitus and these metabolic and molecular outcomes are accompanied by the restoration of adipokine levels."

But, what is of some concern are the sentences:

"Swiss mice were initially divided into two groups fed with regular rodent chow or with chow containing 24 g% saturated fat (DIO). DIO mice became obese and overtly diabetic after 8 weeks."

  I was more concerned with the restoration of adipokine levels.  The SAD diet is probably the equivalent of the *chow* used in the study, with the carb level of a tanker, and we all know sugar/fat combos cause obesity.  I am still trying to find a medline study showing a correlation to sat fat and abdominal obesity.  I sent it to Todd a few years ago so maybe he still has it.  I believe I have it on another computer.  Will have to check when I get back home next week.  Oliva

Keep on keepin' on !