C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bobby Greer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 2005 11:05:17 -0500
Ken,

    You are spot on about academia and freedom of speech. I was trained that
we had "academic freedom" in higher education. That was until the
politically correct crowd took over. My students were always warning me that
I was going to get in trouble for being non-pc. It is even worse in
publishing. Each journal has its "good ol' boy" network. If your work does
not conform to the conventional wisdom, i.e, the zseitgeist; it never saw
the light of day.

Bobby