AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"AAM (African Association of Madison)" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Uche Okpara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 2005 17:53:13 -0500
** Please visit our website: http://www.africanassociation.org **

Interesting article. But, I don't think faith is absent in science. Much of
science (especially Physics) is driven by the belief in the existence of
some natural law or order of things in the universe. That belief comes with
enough certitude as to be no different from faith. The physicist would tell
you the universe neither has a center nor an edge, however, nobody has ever
journeyed the universe to verify that.

Why is evolution more of a truth than creation? Is it because evolution is
newer? Is it because it was developed by people who do not represent any
religion per se and hence must be more valid than creation - an idea liked
to religion? Or is it because it makes more sense? I think there is a trend
in many parts of the world to outrightly reject anything that is linked to
faith. Some people think it's cool to be faithless. To others, having faith
is old fashioned. Why can't there be a compromise between both views -
evolution and creation?

I believe both are correct and see no contradiction.

In 2002, Mr. B. Afilaka built a house in Middleton. Yes, I've seen the
house; very beautiful. But it's also true that Yahara Builders built that
same house. And it's also true that John Veener, Frank Hill, Bill Summers,
Edward Jones, and many more individuals built that same house in Middleton.
They are all true. However, in discussing this house, the issue of who built
it depends on the audience. To an audience of builders, the important name
is Yahara Builders. To an audience of technicians, plumbers, electricians
and carpenters,  the important names are: John Veener, Frank Hill, Bill
Summers, Edward Jones, etc. To the rest of the world, the person who built
the house is Mr. B. Afilaka.

Regards,
Uche.