ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2007 19:52:04 -0600
Angel,

I wasn't accusing you of forcing me to even suck my thumb, let alone read a
book.  I was using what's known as a "figure of speech."  I'll try and be
less than literal from now on.  On the other hand, I deal with people all
the time who have not, nor will they, read the Bible.  I still discuss what
they believe even if they are so Biblically screwed up, they can't even
discuss the Bible intelligently.  I never suggest, "Well, I'm not even going
to discuss it with you if you haven't read it."  The way they reply and
speak of the Bible is clear evidence they haven't read it in the first
place.

Phil.