ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peggy Kern <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peggy Kern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 May 2007 19:01:01 -0700
Sharon, I like this.  I think it's easy to think of God as the audience, and
we're onstage doing our fervent-prayer act, trying to see if we can get a
standing ovation from God.  But it's not so much about our using the right
words, or sitting in prayer for the right number of hours, etc., although of
course all these things are good.  But it seems to me it's more about where
our heart and spirit are as we lift the need up.  If we're truly praying for
someone, there will be a part of us praying, even while the rest of our
focus is on doing what needs to be done in our own life.

Peggy
http://kernsac.livejournal.com/