ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carol Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2007 19:54:10 +0100
Phew!  We remember last year . . . and yes, we want it again, but no, we
don't really!

Mind you, we're having floods as never before.  (Where's Noah got to!  He
sure is getting late here .  ..)

Floods have been so bad in the UK this year that many have lost their homes,
numbers are still camping out in other places (schools, hotels, etc) because
they can't get home and many of our stations and parts of motorways (you
call them freeways) are closed currently!

Well, I believe this to be the Lord's doing for me yesterday!  The rains
were throwing down as we've never seen before and I was getting just a
little scared.  Mike was at work and the person with me would soon be going.
She looked out of the window and announced that the water was tipping over
from the roadway, across the pavement (sidewalk) and almost touching our
gateway.  Now, we have a bungalow (one floor only) and I began to think . .
. "is this going to be me", as so many others have had to be rescued.  Then,
suddenly, the waters died down and within a couple of hours the sun had
dried the pavement and Mike had no problems coming home.

This serves to cause me to pray for those who arfe suffering in this way
right now and to be very thankful for God's goodness to me!

--
Carol - Reading, UK

To you, o Lord, I lift up my soul;
In You I trust, o my God.  . . .."  PS25:1-2 NIV.