From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2007 10:38:32 -0500

I know I posted a question about cruises to Alaska some weeks ago, but I'm trying to narrow it down and need your gracious help again.

We're planning to go in August for 2 weeks or so, with my 10 year old granddaughter...so I need a cruiseship that isn't primarily for older folks. I've heard Holland America is more for older (me!) couples. She's an experienced cruiser. This is the first for my husband and I.

I'm comfortable with the idea of getting gf food...plain as can be is fine...for me (child isn't gf), on the cruise, but I need info from folks about the side trips into Denali or up to the Arctic Circle....trains, planes, etc. Did anyone do this type of travel and how did you manage food? I want to see wildlife and glaciers, even if it means I eat rice crackers, nuts and tuna every day. How conducive is it to pack and bring food or to contact the folks who provide meals on the side tours?

Thanks again.

Lin

*******
*******