From:
Alan De Palo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alan De Palo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2007 10:11:59 -0400

Thanks to all the replied to my IN NEED OF HELP IN BROOKLYN. We were looking for places to eat in Brooklyn that had a gluten free menu. I thank all of you that gave me safe places to eat. However I cannot report places that do not offer a gluten free menu. I only eat at places that take the time and effort to PUT IT ON PAPER. Once again thank you. I will report only of the places that we ate and had no problems at. First day there in NYC we ate in Greenwich Village at RISOTTERIA @ http://www.risotteria.com/ that place is great. Gluten free breadsticks, hot Panini sandwich, pizza and dessert....What a great place. One of my wife NEW favorites. That night we ate in BROOKLYN at a great place called RICE @ http://www.riceny.com/inside/brooklyn.html there is no gluten free menu online? However they have a Gluten Free Menu at the restaurant as told by a listserve member. It offers almost every choice of the regular menu. I was surprised that most of the people that responded to me that LIVE in Brooklyn, no one knew of this place. I guess a hidden JEWEL plus it is right next to the Brooklyn bridge. The next day we ate at Coney Island @ NATHAN'S HOT DOG stand http://www.nathansfamous.com/ and had Hot Dogs without a bun and a freshly squeezed lemonade. I know there have been reports both ways about these hot dogs. We did not have any problem with them at all. Second night we ate leftovers from the day before in our hotel room w/microwave. Third day we went and checked out BABYCAKES @ http://www.babycakesnyc.com/ in Chinatown/lower east side, they have some great stuff in this place. I am amazed that this stuff is free of everything and tastes SO amazing. We had a sweet snack in there to start our morning off. We than went off to RISOTTERIA @ http://www.risotteria.com/  AGAIN !!!! we tried some different things this time.We even had enough of a leftover Panini to eat while we waited for our train ride home. All in all NYC is a great place to eat !!!!!!!! A BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT HELPED US OUT !!!!!!!!!!!

Al in Rhode Island

*******
*******