From:
Karen Cockrell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen Cockrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2007 10:54:07 -0400

I have messed up royally and I'm angry at myself and Kraft Foods.  I have had
gluten ingestion symptoms for about 6 weeks and could not figure out why.
Thought I had been careful.  But my husband purchased a new - to us - Kraft
dressing last week - Caesar Italian with oregano.  I had been using Kraft
Creamy Caesar for several weeks.  Dumb me, I had been putting it on my
salads and using it as a veggie dip.  When I had eaten half a salad with the
new dressing on it, my husband asked me if I was sure it was okay - since it
was new to us.  In the middle of the ingredient list was wheat gluten.  I
checked the bottle of Creamy Caesar - wheat was listed in the ingredients.
So, okay, I screwed up - but I have become so complacent about glancing at
an ingredient list and looking at the bottom first for the bold letters
CONTAINS: and the then the listing of any of the common allergens.  I thought
that all food manufacturers had to put that addition on their labels.  How come
Kraft doesn't have to obey the law?  I'm sending them an email to remind them
of the labeling laws - but, I also will go back to the detailed scrutiny of all
labels again.  Rats, I thought we had won something.

Karen in Missouri