From:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2007 16:58:21 -0800

I wouldn't go so far as to say the Swanson's gluten digesting pill or any of the other gluten gluten digesting pills on the market are "not safe for celiacs."  If the pill is GF, then it's safe (provided you're not allergic to something in it).  But intentionally departing from the GF diet & expecting a pill to "fix it" for us, is probably not a safe thing to do!  Whether or not, however, the pill will lessen the reaction from a miniscule accidental ingestion of gluten at a restaurant or party, remains the burning question that I'd like answered.  Clinical trials would be beneficial here because I'm not brave enough to intentionally test it.  ~Valerie in Tacoma