From:
Mike Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2008 09:20:17 -0500

The publisher of GF Living sent me this note and I would like to pass it
along to the List.

Please reply to Ann Whelan at [log in to unmask] or I will forward
any messages for you.

-----
Mike Jones <[log in to unmask]> Orlando, FL, USA

The messages about Martha Stewart Living expanding into a specialized
area, including food allergies, have been interesting. I've been in the
magazine business for much of my career and have the greatest respect
for Martha Stewart as a magazine editor and publisher.

I did want to make sure people know that my publication, Gluten-Free
Living, is out there and has been for quite some time. We are the only
publication that concentrates specifically on, as our name says,
Gluten-Free Living. We have built our reputation covering every aspect
of the gluten-free life, and we plan to continue doing just that.

Those of you who have subscribed for a while know we started many years
ago as an eight-page black and white newsletter and now publish a
four-color, national magazine. You also know we have been instrumental
in correcting a lot of the misinformation that surrounds the gluten-free
diet.

We have done this by seeking information the way a journalist would. We
take nothing for granted. There is a saying in the journalism world that
goes like this: "If your mother tells you, check it out!" And that's
what we have been doing, checking things out relentlessly until we get
to the bottom of the issues. Then we explain them to the best of our
ability so readers, who still have to make their own decisions, make
them with reliable information.

It has been an interesting journey and my primarily gluten-free staff
and I have learned a lot along the way. We plan to continue on this
specialized road and we are in the process of growing and expanding.

It sounds as if some of you are not familiar with Gluten-Free Living. To
correct that, we'd like to offer a free sample issue to those who do not
currently subscribe -- as long as supplies last. Send your mailing
address to [log in to unmask] and please indicate that you are
responding to this message. We will get your sample copy into the mail
as quickly as possible.

Best wishes,

Ann Whelan
Editor/Publisher