THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 08:31:43 -0800
>As for the once or twice a day issue, if I take it much after noon
>it interferes with my sleep so for me its once a day.

The timing issue seems to be very individual.  I can take as much as
1.5 grain at bedtime and sleep like a log.  I take half of my dose
first thing in the morning and try to take the other half  around 2PM
normally, though.  That has worked better for me than taking it all at once.

According to a chart that was in Sticking Out Our Necks (a thyroid
newsletter), 50mcg of Synthroid would be equivalent to 1/2 grain
(30mg) of Armour.  Since you alternate between 50 and 62.5 mcg. of
Synthroid now, you may have to experiment on getting the right dose
on Armour.  But, the addition of T3 may be enough to keep you from
having to alternate doses.

Good luck.

- Kevran

  Control Your Self-Serve Thyroid Account Here
Rules - mailto:[log in to unmask]
NoMail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Mail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Not DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Stop Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Subject: [THYROID] - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Subscribe - <http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?SUBED1=thyroid&A=1>
Unsubscribe - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Thyroid Archives - http://LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG/archives/thyroid.html
Contact List Owners - mailto:[log in to unmask]