VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
George Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
George Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Mar 2009 16:37:30 -0000
Hi Albert,

To narrow down the possible answers, I think it would be a good idea
to establish exactly how you have the Versapoint connected up right
now.

For pure simplicity, I'd hope it is using a proper parallel cable.
Your port options are then are usually LPT1, LPT2 and LPT3, but
starting with the lowest - LPT1.

Next, it is important that when you add a "Generic/Text Only" printer,
you ensure that it is added to the correct Port. It usually prompts
you for this, and if you only have one parallel port, this will
usually be LPT1.

Personally, I usually then run a simple test using NotePad.  Just type
a one or two words, and the print to the Generic/Text Only printer.
If it fires into life, you've won the battle, and can concentrate on
the war.

George.