IRIS Archives

Information and Referral and Internet Sightings

IRIS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sylvia Caras <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 5 Dec 2009 17:24:25 -0800
Amendment 2858 to health care bill

Nearly all US rules require that generic drug companies repeat
clinical trials.  Even though there will be no scientific
benefit.  And will slow down the release of the generic.  And add to
its costs.  Because the results are known; the drug is safe; that's
why the generic companies want to make it.

Sanders Amendment 2858 would allow generic safety to be based on the
original non-generic trials, without repeating them.

This is good.

Thank Senator Sanders
<http://sanders.senate.gov/contact/>http://sanders.senate.gov/contact/
and let your own Senator know.
(Yes, it's a big nuisance to use the web contact forms.  But if not us, who?)

or add your name here, by sending an email as directed:
<http://keionline.org/ethicalpathwayletter>http://keionline.org/ethicalpathwayletter

Unless, by Tuesday, December 8 I get feedback disagreeing, I'm going
to sign for People Who.

Sylvia