VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Flor Lynch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Flor Lynch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2006 20:03:23 +0100
Hi Judy and list,

When you're in the message list; if you alt-v into the View menu, then
right-arrow, you get 'show all messages (this may be checked).  Up-arrow
once and you have "view messages by conversation".  When this is
checked, you will see the messages are grouped differently, i.e., they
come in 'threads'.  (This is something like the subject  - vview by
subject - but it also includes messages that were written in the thread
with different subject lines.  (A conversation will have two or more
messsages in it.)

Now, conversations are either expanded (opened) or collapsed (closed.
When they are
collapsed, all the messages in it are as if just one - the one
highlighted.  Now if you right-arrow before going into the message, you
will see the rest of the messages in the conversation by down-arrowing.
So, you can either uncheck view by conversation by phitting enter on
that option (treated above); or you can go into the Read Tab Control in
Outlook Express tools Options (ctrl-shift-o, shift-tab then ctrl-tab
twice till Read Tab is highlighted; then tab twice and check the
checkbox with spacebar, "always expand grouped messages".  When groups
are expanded, you will see all the messages individually, not as one
'grouped' message.  Sometimes it's handy to have mgrouped messages
collapsed, as when you come across a conversation you know you're not
interested in.  (This will happen on busy mailing lists.)
HTH.