VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ted chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ted chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 2010 08:23:41 -0700
Harry,

The program I've been using for quite some time now for both anti-virus and spyware checking is Microsoft Security Essentials, available at http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/. This program is very accessible, and with one exception, updates itself regularly in the background. The only exception comes when you do a system restore (or, for that matter, undoing your last system restoration). Yet, even here, the update button appears when you open the program, requiring you to do the update before engaging the program'ss other features.

Whatever you decide to use, good luck.

Ted
---- Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi all,
I'm running a gateway laptop, windows xp service pack 3, and jaws 10.1178.
My questions are these:
1.  What antispyware do you all use?
2.  does it automatically update itself?
3.  does it automatically do a scan daily?
I had malware bytes, and I got rid of it, because you have to manually do a scan, and, it didn't update itself.
thanks for whatever info everyone can provide.
Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]