VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Rossi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dan Rossi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 2010 13:26:32 -0500
Hello,

My name is Dan rossi.  I am working with a couple of researchers and grad
students here at Carnegie Mellon University.  We have been developing
several cell phone based applications for use by the visually impaired. One
being a currency identifier.

We need to test our applications on the most commonly used cell phones being
used by visually impaired people.  Toward that end, I have set up a very
simple survey that just asks what phone you use, and which screen readers
you own.

The phone list is a combo box with 168 choices.  The phones are in
alphabetical order by manufacturer, so just hitting the first letter of the
manufacturer will at least jump you to that section of the list, IE, n for
Nokia phones.

You can only select one phone.  I realize some people have multiple phones,
but doing a choose many made navigating the list a bit more cumbersome, so
please just list your primary phone.

The screen reader section has three check boxes, Mobile Speak, Talks, and
VoiceOver.  Please check which screen readers you currently own.  OK,
VoiceOver comes with the phone, but I think you get my understanding.

This simple survey is just to help us gather some info so that we can
purchase a set of phones to test our apps on.  Your help will be greatly
appreciated.  Please feel free to forward this request to other lists.  It
has been sent to the Talks and Mobile Speak list, and will be going out
to the VIPhone google group as well.

The URL for the survey is:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/G2NBJXN

Thank you very much.