VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ted chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ted chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Jan 2010 14:16:09 -0700
Hi Jeff.

To answer your question, on most websites using Internet Explorer, you can set the individual site to view as it would have under IE7. To do this, you:

1) Go to the website whose settings you wish to change.

2) Press the f6 key which will put you on the address bar.

3) Press the tab key once. JAWS should say: "Compatibility view button."

4) Press the button. The website you are looking at should revert to IE7's view.

If you wish to make all of the websites you view appear as they would in IE7, press alt+t for the Tools menu, then use your arrow keys to find compatibility view settings and press enter on that. What you are confronted with is a list of checkboxes, the last of which, if memory serves (I haven't played with this in a while), allows you to view all websites as they would have been viewed from IE7. The Microsoft help option for this says that this whole setup is to allow people to view websites that look funny in IE8 properly.

Hope this helps, and if you believe it necessary, you have my permission to post it to the Vicug-l list.

Ted Chittenden