VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ted chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ted chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 2009 13:22:40 -0400
Hi to all.

David:
I'm sorry but I beg to differ with your analysis. I think the survey results sheds light on a couple of issues.

1) The concern about the use of the macromedia Flash player. Not only are many of the buttons on the player unmarked, but I have visited sites (such as http://radiotime.com ) where individual pages with Flash content have caused JAWS to slow down or completely stop while manually reading through the page (and I have the most recent installation of JAWS 10 with the latest updates installed on my system).

2) The question of Facebook. As the survey writers note, more respondents avoided using Facebook than used it, and those that did use Facebook (see comments below results) found it difficult to use at best.

Finally, I didn't see anything in the survey's results putting down the Macintosh computer or its users, and I would like you to explain why you thought the survey results did.

Ted