VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2008 02:10:44 -0400
Hi all,
Well folks, here's something from GM and Carnigee Melon University, and if you have some sight, you'll love it, and if not, you'll still love the audio.
This driverless vehicle was at the consumer electronic show in Las Vegas in January of 2008.
This vehicle will be on our roads in 10 years.
So folks, enjoy, and if you want to, become involved, and sooner or later, we'll be in them as blind folks.
I've ben involved as an activist in this industry for 10 years now.
However, the industry thinks that the blind and disabled don't want these vehicles.
Let's prove them wrong.
If possible, if someone could get this on the ACB list, and an NFB list, that'd be great.
I'd love to go and speak at conventions this July or next, on our involvement, as blind folks, in this issue.
Also, thanks to Peter, for sending the email on HR6320, the 21st century accessibility act of 2008!
The link for the video on the today show, (yes this technology is now mainstream and not a pipe dream any more), is:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/22537113#22537113

Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]