VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 2008 17:52:22 -0400
Of course I am in favor of any help for the blind/low
visioned/physically disabled to get help. The person you spoke of, have
they contacted their local Blind and Visual Services office or local
OVR? There are programs set up to help people find jobs and also assist
them in getting the equipment they may need while on the job. Have them
check into the Ticket To Work program if they are receiving disability
payments. I remember a couple years back there was a link posted on this
list about grants offered to people in need of assertive technology but
unfortunately I don't have that link or info any longer.

A program like you suggested would need some seed money and a financial
institution to handle interest, payments, donations, etc. You would also
need a board of some kind that would be responsible for making
decisions. When you say 'client', in what capacity are you speaking?
What do you do and who do you do it for in other words?

Mick