VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Colin Howard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Colin Howard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2007 18:26:59 +0100
Greetings,

I wonder if this can be obtained through RNIB? not seen it in their new
product guides.

From: "Tony Grima" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 10:54:35 -0400

Google It! A Guide to the World's Most Popular Search Engine
By Jonathan Mosen with Anna Dresner
Braille edition, 1 volume, $12.00

There's no doubt that Google is by far the most popular search engine on
the Internet -- it's so popular that "google" has become a verb!
Google's mission is to "organize the world's information and make it
universally accessible and useful." The largest search engine on the
web, Google receives over 200 million queries each day through its
various services.

Now you can harness the amazing power of Google's searches with this new
tutorial by Jonathan Mosen, with Anna Dresner. The tutorial is designed
to be screen-reader and access-technology independent. It will be useful
to you regardless of how you access the Internet -- with a screen
reader, a notetaker, or a stand-alone self-voicing program.

So grab your copy of this book, sit down in front of your computer, and
get ready to Google!

To order online, visit

http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/GOOGLE.html

******
To order any books, send payment to:
NBP, 88 St. Stephen Street, Boston, MA 02115-4302
Or call and charge it: toll-free (800) 548-7323 or (617) 266-6160 ext
20. Or order any of our books online at

http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/publications/index.html