VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2007 08:49:50 -0400
It sounds like you would benefit from a reformat but there are less
drastic options. Put your windows 2000 disk in your cd tray. You may get
the option to restore lost files. If not, bring up the run box and type
in sfc then ok. You need the windows 2000 disk in the rom drive though.
You can try Zone Alarm as a firewall, it's free. You can upgrade to xp
if you like which would involve a reformat. You should always clean out
old files and run a defrag about once a month. These programs are found
under system tools under accessories. Run these programs in safe mood
how ever.

Mick

Becky Heckler wrote:

> Hi guys this is becky H. I have some questions about my conputer. I
> have an hp conputer with a ten gb hard drive. It is equel 2 an intel
> pentem 3. It has 256 mb of ram and runs very slow. I use windows 2000
> and am about to crash. I want to know if it is worth an upgrade
> because I can't do things. I tryed to go into add and remove programs
> to take some things out but I had no luck doing it. What do i do about
> this. Someone hacked into my conputer and did my conputer some damage.
> I don't know who it was but they took out my files. I am glad that
> they did not get my checkbook info. What kind of fire wall can I use
> that will not lock me out. I have sygat but every time I turn it on I
> am locked out. Is there one that I can use that won't lock me out of
> my conputer? I want to know. You can call me @ 5185818139 if you want
> to talk to me. My aim name is ridgylaugh and my msn address is
> [log in to unmask] thanks for helping me and sorry for my bad spelling.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]