VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nelson Blachman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nelson Blachman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2007 23:20:37 -0800
Rachel,

  I tried to sign the petition, but I couldn't get JAWS to go into the
"forms mode" where my name & e-mail address were needed.  Instead I heard an
announcement that my Google toolbar can fill it in for me (how??), but I
have no Google toolbar that I know of, though I do have a GMail address that
forwards e-mail to me.

  Please fill in the petition on my behalf or let me know how I can sign it
(and the many others with which I've had the same trouble).

  Thanks,

  Nelson Blachman

From: "Rachel" <[log in to unmask]>
To: Rachel,

  I tried to sign the petition, but, instead of letting me enter my name
where it's needed by putting JAWS into the "forms mode," pressing Enter
merely elicited the announcement
"Your Google toolbar can fill this in for you," although
I have no Google toolbar, and, if I had one, I wouldn't know how to coax it
into entering what's needed there and on the next line.

  I've often run into this problem with petitions, and I hope you can tell
me how to cope with them.

  Alternatively, I authorize you to act on my behalf to sign the petition
for me.

  Thanks.

  Nelson Blachman
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2007 6:05 PM