VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nelson Blachman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nelson Blachman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2006 22:11:51 -0800
  To use Windows for file copying:

First open one of the files on A: that you want to copy.  Then press alt+f
and then  a  for "Save As."  Next in front of the displayed filename, type
the path to somewhere on your hard drive c:\... where you can temporarily
store it and press <enter>.

Then you can switch floppies and perform the same operation, but specifying
the path this time as a:\ in front of the filename.  Press enter and the
file will be copied onto the second floppy.

  If you want to do this wholesale, go to the DOS prompt by choosing Rum
from the Start menu and giving it the command cmd

  Then at the COS prompt type
copy a:\*.* c:\tempstorageFoldername
<enter> and change floppies in a:.
Then at the DOS prompt type
copy *.* a:
Press <enter> and all the files in tempstorageFoldername will be copied onto
the second floppy.

You may then want to delete *.*
in the tempstorageFolder <enter> and then type
exit
to close the DOS prompte.

  --Nelson