VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John McCann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John McCann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2006 21:58:14 -0500
Renee:

I highly support Paul's recommendation of NOD32 by eset:

www.eset.com

I didn't know this, but if a custom installation allows you to turn off the
custom graphical screens, then by all means, install the program that way. I
was unaware of that default behavior when I installed the program ten days
ago, but was able to turn the splash screens / graphical garbage off from
the "NOD32 Control Center" option,
accessed from the start menu, programs, eset, NOD32 control center. One
thing you need to know, though; in order to open any eset / NOD32 menu
choice, you have to use "control tab"; bizarre, highly non-standard, but
true; the enter key and the spacebar do nothing.

If, by any chance, you happen to be a member of V I P Conduit, you've got a
$15.60 discount available to you off the $39 price of a one-year
subscription.

Lastly, NOD32, as good and as impressive as it is, is not itself an
anti-spyware or anti-spam tool, so you'll want to be running a firewall
program and/or taking other security precautions.

Hope this helps!

John McCann