VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John McCann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John McCann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2006 16:34:14 -0400
Hi Ron:

What you really ought to do is to set your default configuration verbosity
level to "high". This will eliminate much of the verbiage which is
extraneous (and somehwat annoying) to a seasoned computer user.

To do this, hit "insert number row 6" to get into the JAWS configuration
manager; then hit "insert t" to determine which configuration file is
loaded. If it is not "default", hit "control o", then "d" until you hear the
word "default". Press enter; then "alt s" for settings, then "v" for
verbosity. You're then in a box which allows you to set verbosity to
beginner, imtermediate, or advanced. IOnce you check one of these options,
you can tab over to the matching selection and customize any one of nineteen
parameters, but you can elect to skip this and accept the level defaults, at
least initially. Close out with "alt F4", but hit "y" to save your changes.

HTH!

John