VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jan Santos and Doyle Saylor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jan Santos and Doyle Saylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2006 06:53:18 -0700
Hello Steve,
The WAI (Web Access Initiative) of the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)
has guidelines for companies that make software applications.  They are
here:  Authoring Tool Accessibility Guidelines (ATAG) Overview
http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/atag.php
Additionally Browsers and other tools called User Agents, are covered
here:  User Agent Accessibility Guidelines (UAAG) Overview
http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/uaag.php

Which covers most of what you want to provide a company that makes
inaccessible software.

When you find a company that is not practicing Web Accessibility point
them to the above and tell them ADA laws cover their products.
Thanks,
Doyle Saylor