From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2007 09:30:10 -0700
Sorry, guys, but William's email is bouncing, and I need to get him
this info. It won't happen again!

On Jul 11, 2007, at 7:14 AM, William wrote:

> Hi Ginny;
>
> Serendipity; my niece gave me a 17 year old cat with arthritis, and
> she (the cat) insists that only canned food and cooked chicken
> giblets is fit to eat.
> I think that if she ate raw the arthritis would disappear.
>
> How does one get an old cat, set in her ways, to eat raw?
>
> William

It's challenging with cats, since they ARE so set in their ways. But
it does make a terrific improvement! If you have the time, you could
do no better than to join [log in to unmask]

You will need to "sneak" the raw in, most likely, a tiny bit at a
time in the canned food. Also, if she's eating giblets, they can be
cooked less and less. The canned food is the real culprit, as there
are many ingredients that are aggravating to the joints, no doubt.
Many folks have best luck with pork, if the cat doesn't seem to go
for raw chicken right away.

In a short while, she'll be eating things with bone, but you don't
need to be concerned about that right away. There are lots of people
on that list who will be very helpful to you.

Feel free to ask me anything, in any case. This is a wonderful thing
to do!

ginny