ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Chipmunks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2007 02:23:29 +0200
Yes, sometimes I get scared of Mr. God. this is me and not him, I
know but sometimes I just can't seem to help that. i get scared that
Mr. God gets mad at me and wants to throw me out when I fell short
again. And I do so often. I know that is rubbish and that Mr.God
really loves me and is a big hopper over anyone who he can adopt if
we only let him but the "youve been bad you can't be loved" echoes
big time in me sometimes when I lose focus from mr. God and that is
when I really sstrugle.

On a much larger scale, i'm afraid of God in the sense that he
absolutely awes me because he's just beyond comprehension in his
knowledge and love and power and wisdom and presence and extending
from the no beginning to the no end that he is really beyond words
and behond anything the human mind or at least mine can even begin to
comprehend and yet he cares enough to want fellowship with each of us
even though he doesn't have to because he has perfect fellowship in
himself with Jesus and Ruach and they have perfection in themselves
but they don't when they get me yet they want me and everyone of us
and also those who don't know them and that is just incredible and
awesome. maybe this is "fear of the lord" or maybe that's just a
churchy term. i am not scared of mr God with that but it makes me
just feel very little and very humble that he cares and bothers. "why
would the father bother?" <g>

We have such a wonderful God and I want to get to know him for real
and sometimes I wonder what it would be like to just really be with
him like with a daddy but my idea of "daddies' is limited to daddy
pictures largely and even the best of these cannot come even close to
what Mr.God promises and I long so much for that!  I guess I would
like to get together on Mr.God's lap together right next with Jesus
and cuddle with Mr. god and jesus and not be scared of the thought.

If that sounds weird, it probably is. I don't always think in big
theological terms when I think of Mr. God on a personal level.

So to sum things up, yes sometimes I am afraid of mr. God.One is not
really afraid but more reverence and that is actually pretty cool
because it makes me aware of God's Vastness and omnipotence and I
draw comfort from that. When I get scared of mr.God booting me out or
not listening to me, then I at least in my head know that that is not
of God but of the Evil One trying to get me to doubt Mr. God just as
if some of myself starts to secondguess stuff or people I should know
better. I'm not aware of Evil getting in between when I'm in the
middle of such a rut sometimes though.

Thanks for the question, this is an intersting thread.

God Bless,

Doris

At 03:16 PM 6/30/2007 -0600, you wrote:

>Are you afraid of God?
>
>Q.
>

>--
>6/26/2007 11:54 PM

"Pray, pray, pray!" - Pray without ceasing. (1 Th 5:17)