ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2007 09:36:28 -0600
My great grandmother came to this country from Germany back in 1917, worked
as a maid cleaning houses, and vowed that if she lived in this country she
would   respect and live by the standards of this country. She taught
herself English as she went along knowing it was only right to do such.
When she was living day to day, she did not expect others to learn German
for her to communicate, she would only talk in German to her relatives
within their own homes. I agree the mentality of those days are, for the
most part,  becoming rare. It would help however, that the USA actually
have a national language. Did you even know that we do not have a national
language? You'd assume it is English, but we do not have one. You can't
enforce what you don't have. I often say "freedom is valued to the degree
morality, or the value system  which holds it up", or some such similar
saying. The point being we can only enjoy freedoms if  we have a value
system that upholds it, and of course wisdom as well. However, this is not
a situation in and of itself alone. There is a bigger picture that comes
into play, especially regarding the US which plays such a role in the
world, self-imposed or invited, for this consideration it really doesn't
matter. The point being that for whatever reason we are a major player in
the global workings, we are, and that makes us a target economically as
well as spiritually. I  like to refer to the global economics as this.
First of all we know without a doubt, that we are moving towards a one
world government. That is as obvious as the nose on our face, not to
mention biblical references,  when you look at how countries have expanded
the trade borders  over the years. Technology has really went a long way to
help that in a short time, which also must be noted as we get on in years
of the last days, the seals released as shown in revelation can happen even
in a shorter time than we might expect, we are told to be as watchman and
it will come like a thief in the night. .  But anyway, imagine each
geopolitical entity on the globe as a glass tower or giant test tube. Each
one tall, clear and empty. Now, each tube is filled with water to the level
of their economic strength of its citizens, such as wages, debt to income
ratio and etc. I'm sure you would have no trouble envisioning the USA being
quite full of water up nearer the top than many countries, than say Mexico,
some African states and even countries such as Australia where their dollar
is worth only maybe 85 cents of ours. So each one  of the geo-political
entities filled to their respective  water level representing the
economics. The USA pretty full, Mexico maybe a quarter full, Australia
maybe  three quarters full, UK as well pretty full,  Central
American  countries pretty low too. Now, as we create trade agreements with
each of the varying political entities it is very much likened
to  connecting a hose to the bottom of each tube and opening up the valves.
What happens? The law of physics applies. The trade, or hose, allows a
common water level to be established to each tube, equalizing or making
even the level of all who are connected. We, the US with wages of $25 an
hour in manufacturing are now connected to similar manufacturing of that of
$5 per hour and because we can no longer be competitive in the
international economics at that wage, our wages, or water level,  must go
down to  the level of those lesser to keep people buying. Perhaps the level
of the other countries will rise slightly, but that is dependent upon the
volume of lower paying jobs against those of higher paying jobs. If you
have 10 jobs at $10 per hour and two jobs at $20 per hour, the average when
balanced out isn't going to be $15 per hour, it will be much less maybe $11
or $12 per hour.    We get companies that realize this, and either move
operations overseas, or sell out to new owners, and the guy who was making
$25 per hour  can keep his job under the new owners for $10 per hour, of
course he refuses and looks for work elsewhere  in hopes to maintain his or
her lifestyle. It is inevitable that if we are establishing trade with
other countries of lower wages, we in this country will be lowered in
wages. The American worker does not want low wages, therefore does not
apply to those jobs, and therefore we have immigrant labor which  the
current administration, well let's face it, our president is pushing for.
He blatantly said that the jobs the American workers do into want will be
filled by immigrant workers. And of course they can easily control the
attractiveness of the jobs to the American worker and thus control the
amount of immigrant workers, and ultimately the economics of this country,
making us more like other countries as Russia where there is upper class
and lower class and no middle class. The American worker can not be paid
what he or she wants or maybe even needs right now and so there is a scurry
of employment options. Statistics will tell you that X amount of jobs were
created this month or last month, but do they tell you how many were lost?
Or, how many folks had jobs of $25 per hour but lost them then got a new
job at $10 because that is all he can find. Or, such as is the case here in
the Twin Cities area, the commute back and forth from outlining areas is no
longer worth the gasoline cost and rising taxes, that they will either
move  closer to the job, or in many cases especially now with housing
markets fallen, quit the job, do not move but keep the home they have due
to unlikelihood of selling at a decent price, and   take a lesser paid job,
but have less traffic time in their life. So in essence we still have a
lesser paid job for that person. So there is a much larger picture of our
economics than just within our borders, it is a world wide situation. But,
you say, "the trade agreements are called Fair Trade Agreements". The
trades yes were meant to be evened off, made fair but we sit with millions
and millions of trade deficit with China and growing everyday which
congress is scratching their head how to fix. And as of last year already,
China owns 45% of our debt. Does that give you any clue as to where we are
headed? Last year we had a national debt of just shy of 9 trillion dollars,
when I was just out of high school, which I'm sure yawl would agree it
really wasn't all that long ago right? :) Well. OK. It was 26 years ago,
but the national debt was 3 trillion dollars. I remember that because it
was also the value of revenue, properties and etc. of the Disney Company
and I remembered thinking if we took that money and did without Disney,
we'd have no national debt wow!! Anyway, six trillion dollars later we are
past any point of digging out especially with  the war costing what it
does. Last year I calculated it out according to our own governments
figures and it boiled down to like $1100 per every second we are occupied
there, unfathomable figures. When I was in Texas, probably six years ago
now, I got a specific word from God saying to get out of debt. Anyone
holding credit card debt will be in trouble soon, and to get debt free. I
am not yet, I don't have any real credit card debt or unsecured
miscellaneous to speak of, probably did one major purchase of a car that
countered that but I'm a whole ton better towards that end than I was and I
now am reviewing our finances to push for that goal, I haven't forgotten
God, I haven't forgotten. However, the economics are only a part of what is
happening. The spiritual end globally is also active. I was listening to a
radio station in Israel the other day through freedom Box, and they had a
gentleman on there explaining that if America and Europe media would let
the citizens actually know what is going on over there, they would be
shocked. Not just Christians but of course Jewish folks in the Gaza Strip
are being tortured.. An M16 round, one round of it will  make a couple
three inch hole in you and Islamic fundamentalists are blasting 40 rounds
into their victims, hand cuffing  arms behind people and pushing them off
buildings, tragic things happening. Gaza just announced that the Christian
population there will, without exception , follow the cultural rules such
as women with uncovered heads, no evangelizing and etc. or they will be
killed. Any woman, American or not, if head is uncovered will be killed.
However, in this country, when three or four suspicious Islamic men were
understood by another passenger strictly by happenstance of her
understanding Fata language, gets very nervous of what they are talking
about, writes a note to the captain, has it sent discretely to the
cabin,   and the men are removed for questioning, the men become appalled
at the mistreatment because of their praying in public and want recompense.
What is wrong with that picture? It is clearly one sided economically and
spiritually. This is really only a mild waft of what will come in the
latter days. The bible says folks will wish they could commit suicide but
won't and there will be martyr believers, well we have that happening in
other countries but it seems so far away as we look on life here in our
country. It is times as we are in and will go through in the future that it
is  a thankful thing to have the strength and guidance of God to give us
insight and peace and not be  fearful.

Nonetheless because of the encroachment and preparation of a world
government, we will most certainly be more affected in this country. Those
with the most, have the most to lose.  Also keep in mind we are yet the
teenager in the world compared to century upon century old countries. The
descendants of Jacob and Ishmil  were poised against each other long ago,
have been fighting since, and I frankly do not understand how we, a bit of
an arrogant teenager, can feel we can jump in the middle of what God spoke,
put our hand up to both sides and say stop, without expecting to get by
unscathed. Perhaps some of you more biblical scholars have a different
perspective on it and I am wrong on the last part? But that is how I see it
at this point.

Brad