ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 30 Jun 2007 07:57:49 -0500
Kathy,

I agree on the Earth worshipping bit. The perspective is indeed
backwards.  People are too interested in the "right" to do things, rather
than doing things right. I believe our president already has his legacy
which was very pivotal in the future of our country which I'm not so
sure  will be very popular with him. The response out of 911 was good,
although much of that had to do with the people waking up to a national
tragedy and pulling together, and because it is so rare these days, it
made a big impact, but it is the response afterwards that built the
legacy. Very deep and long lasting decisions which we have yet to feel the
affects of to full degree. Whether or not the parks actually get sold or
not, probably not, it does give insight to their blatant disrespect for
the citizens to even bother with legislation for it. Speaking of oil, they
know it exists under the Great Lakes, and have been trying to get angular
drilling off the shores of the lakes for some time, which could mean your
relatives  would be looking at oil rigs in the U P. Or worse they are
wanting to mine zinc in the Shakey Lakes Area which would make drastic
negative affects on that whole area in the U P, affecting water, wildlife
and land value as well, and since most folks do not own the mineral rights
to their land, guess who does and can come on your land to reap the
minerals? The huge mining company, so far the local people and legislators
have managed to keep at bay. I'm not a worshipper of land but I think we
need to make smart decisions to maintain stewardship of what has been
given to us to live. Even a dog knows not to soil his own den.

Brad