Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2008 19:06:47 EST

I was not a canidate for implants.  The Celiac has ate away at my jaw bone
too much.  I have had surgery on both top and bottom jaws to stop the damage.  3
sides worked, but they may have to do a bone transplant on the 4th side.
++++

I've had two implants (teeth, right?) and absolutely no problems.  My
periodontist did say that uppers could be more of a problem because of the sinuses.
I've had mine for a few years now.  Mine are both in the lower jaw.
++++
I had three tooth implants last year and they are terrific!   I know I'm not
going to do the old root canal, crown, extraction, bridge route ever again.
I'm going straight to implants from now on as they are cheaper in the long
run. (all mine are on the upper jaw) What problems are you having?  I wouldn't go
to dentures as you will lose the bone mass and your *face will look caved
in.  Sounds like it's a problem  with your dentist and not the procedure.  My
oral surgeon said his work was guaranteed.  I had to get the 'crown' from my
regular dentist.  So, is it the crown or the implant plug into the jawbone that's
the problem?  I had two implants at one time and then an extraction/implant at
the same time.  In both instances, I went out shopping after the procedure
and took exactly one pain pill between the three.  Have them evaluated by
another dentist?  If your original dentists can't make it right, they should pay for
the necessary work.

*total removal of all teeth- not just a partial plate.  Trust me, you won't
like the partial removable denture at all as it slips, food gets under it and
you can never trust it with chewing.  My dentist drives a Mercedes and I helped
him buy it!
+++

Can't help you there.  I feel for you as the implants are sooo expensive.  I
had to have the root 'scaled' next to one implant and it gets sore from time
to time, but I just do a little aggressive flossing and it clears right up.

I just doubt the problem is related to CD.  If it was, other teeth and other
gum areas would be reacting, too.  Good luck!