From:
Jim Kelleher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Kelleher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2008 13:49:03 -0500

Sorry for the lag time on the summarization of response to this post. My
initial post dealt with the fact that since being diagnosed with CD and
switching to a GF diet I had noticed that the overall health of my
fingernails (and toenails as well) had deteriorated. They were not as
robust as before and had striations and other "issues" so to speak.
Interestingly enough a majority of respondents said their nails were in
a similar condition BEFORE going on the GF dietary regiment and that
once they went to a GF diet most claimed their nails returned to their
former state of health in a varying timeframe between 6 month and 2
years. Some of the other posts dealt with vitamin issues and the fact
that most wheat breads are high in vitamin B and other elements that are
conducive to strong nail development. I will revisit this issue again in
6 months.

Regards,

Jim Kelleher