Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2007 12:12:44 -0500

Here is a compilation of responses.  Caution, eating out is always
risky.

1.  We stayed at the Royal Pacific resort right in Universal. The
manager there was great - she had gf pancake mix, bread mix and pasta. I
had called ahead. We only ate breakfast there. Mary had pancakes twice
and eggs once.

We ate dinner 2 nights at Margaretville because it was good, inexpensive
(by amusement area standards) and convenient. The have a gf menu. One
night she had a kids steak and the next a burger without a bun (they
said they had gf buns but my daughter is used to eating one without a
bun that she didn't want it. The mashed potatoes were great.

We did go to Emerial's Tchop chop in our hotel one night and it was a
big disappointment. They did make her a plain chicken breast and plain
rice noodles and I put on GF soy sauce that I had in a packet with me.
But the food, over all was bland and overpriced. I do not recommend it.

2.  I had very good luck with the Original Charlie's Steak House on
Orange Blossom Trail; they were very careful and attentive, the chef
came out to the table to make sure he understood exactly what I was
asking for, and I had a wonderful meal without getting sick. When they
asked if I wanted any dessert, and I sighed that a special strawberry
cake looked lovely but I couldn't have it because of gluten AND sugar
load (since I'm also diabetic), they made me a special sugar-free,
gluten free strawberry dessert!

Also try their sister restaurant, Fishbones - NOT "Bonefish."  I don't
remember which street it's on, but the food and service were fantastic.

3.  PF Chang's.  Also, there is also a health food store chain called
Chamberlin's that  specializes in gluten free foods.   Some of their
stores are very  spiffy, others are not so great.  the big one in Winter
Park has a
restaurant that has safe food.  not sure about the others.

4.  We eat at PF Chang's China Bistro at the Milliena Mall all the time.
There is also Whole Foods in Winter Park and the new one in South
Orlando (Dr. Phillips area) may be open now.

5.  Seasons 52 was ok - but farily bland for a gf meal last year. We
will skip them next Jan. when we return to Orlando.

Roy's was fabulous but I don't recommend going on a Sat. night for
gluten free fare - Chef is too busy. You can google for their site.

By far the most amazing gf meal I've had in Orlando was at Samba Room.
The Chef made me gluten free crab cakes. That was the only time in 20
months anyone offered to do that for me. We'll be going back in early
Jan. for more!

Also, Chatham's Place came highly recommended for gourmet gluten free
fare but they were booked by the tine I tried to make reservations.

6.  Overall chain responses - PF Chang's, Outback, Carraba's, Bonefish
Grill

7.  Stay at a hotel with microwave or small kitchen.  The local
supermarkets do have some GF items.

*******
*******