From:
Lynn Speed <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lynn Speed <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Oct 2007 10:40:53 -0600

I need some help/reassurance for my son who was diagnosed with celiac
in July.  He's 13.

Despite following the gluten free diet since then, he's not
improving.  He still vomits frequently, has terrible reflux and
intermittent cramping abdominal pain.  Medications do not seem to
relieve these symptoms.  He sleeps poorly, mainly due to the
reflux/throat pain.

I just had him in the hospital for 48 hrs, but noting showed up in
his lab, or the gastric emptying study, so the doc concludes it's all
still just from the celiac disease.  (tTg still pending)

Do any of you have experience with any of the pediatric celiac
clinics. I understand Mayo, Univ of Chicago and others are
available.  Would it be worth our time, and the travel expenses, or
do we just wait this out?

Thanks!

Lynn