ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lelia Struve <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2007 16:51:36 -0600
Hi all, well, all is not going the way I'd like.  The left eye is healing
wonderfully, but as the doc told Todd it will take a bit to heal because of
all the scar tissue from previous surgeries, and that is definitely the
case.  But for the most part its doing great!!!

The right eye however is a different story.

Basically, what the doctors wish is to keep something called a conformer in
my right eye in order to keep the socket expanded, when I was in surgery I
found out yesterday they tried to put a large conformer in my eye but the
eye wasn't having that idea at all, so they put a medium conformer in and
only two days after surgery, it kept wanting to come out.  I went yesterday
to the doc and they tried to put a small conformer in and it still kept
wanting to come out.  So, what they did is put back in the medium conformer
and then proceeded to put an extremely long stitch closing the eye and
pulling it closed with tape on my forehead.

That's where we stand as of now.  I will say this, it feels very awkward and
my eye keeps wanting to open or blink, that hurts.  Todd and I just went to
check the mail just a bit ago, and we saw our neighbor, I had my sun glasses
on but she still noticed and asked what happened.  We explained.  All I have
to say is yay!!! We're having fun now.  Not!!!

Lelia