ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2007 17:53:39 -0600
 Here's the second story:

In 2000, I was looking for what is now called a certified family home.  I
spent part of a weekend with a prospective Christian couple.  I really
wanted to live with them, but after I was with them, they decided that they
wouldn't be able to give me the attention I deserve, because they had a
niece and nephew teenagers living with them because they came from a broken
home, and I guess they needed special disciplinary and emotional support
themselves.  Two years later, when I was forced to move out of my first such
home, I called them again.  the children were still there, and would
probably spend the rest of their childhood there.  "Maybe five years down
the road," I remember the man saying.  Well, this year is about 5, so I
tried to call them yet again.  Every time I tried, I always ended up with
this business message, of which I didn't understand everything, so I did
some searches online, but couldn't seem to access more info without having
to pay for it, in case they'd moved away.  I decided to leave a message,
then let it go.  But after that, the construction worker had to take down my
phone for awhile.  With that, I figured that maybe they tried to reach me,
but couldn't, so I decided to try once more.  At some point, the message was
changed to say that they wouldn't be available until a certain date, which I
didn't understand, so I did not leave another message, but eventually asked
my helper, Larry, to call and listen to it.  I didn't fully expect him to
get someone  to answer, but, lo and behold, he did!  Apparently, the man's
mother answered, maybe expecting a call from someone, but not usually
wanting to respond because of a stuttering problem.  Larry explained who he
was, and that I was looking to see if I could live there.  She said the
house is full now, but they would be back the next week, and I could talk
with them.  It seems that I heard someone say hello once when I tried; Other
than that, it seems a miracle, and that God is giving me an opportunity, but
I don't know if it's a test or a go-ahead message.  I'll probably have to
wait, though, for I don't know how long.  Only God knows.  Isn't it
wonderful that He knows everything, and knows what's best for all?
Personally, I wish there could be a trade, me who likes to go out and do
things freely with care providers who can and like to, and someone else who
prefers to stay home.  Also the Little Piggy who stays home might require
more care, and thus would give the workers more pay.  Again, I'd appreciate
your prayers, and don't forget the radio/other ministries!

thanks again!

Sharon