From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2007 14:05:25 -0700

Hi Celiacs,
Here is a reply to my diatribe: an excellent site!:

Go to
<http://www.glutenreactivity.net/vojdaniDiagrams.htm>www.glutenreactivity.net/vojdaniDiagrams.htm
  and look at the Medical Diagrams.  They show leaky gut and
how  food particles slip through the gut wall before they are
supposed to.  They are too big and not broken down enough.  The body
can mount several types of reactions to them including, in the case
of gluten, celiac disease, gluten intolerance or gluten sensitivity
(the allergy).  Gluten is a bad one to be slipping through and
reacting to.  As the gut gets leakier and leakier more stuff slips
through including many other foods and the body continues to go
further into multiple food intolerances/sensitivities.  There is also
an audio diagram of Dr. Vojdani explaining the diagrams that is worth
listening to several times.  It is "medical" but if you listen more
than once it is not so technical that you can't "get" a large part of
it.  What he says is important.

The gut wall needs to be healed as is plain from the diagrams.  Dr.
Vojdani explained these to me in person and he emphasized very
definitely to me that the TOXINS are a major problem in causing leaky
gut.  (Also stress and infections.)  Some medications can
cause/exacerbate the leaky gut but that falls under toxins.  Wrong
fats like transfats and processed vegetable oils are also toxins and
they mess with the integrity of the gut cell walls, contributing to
leaky gut and multiple food sensitivities/intolerances.

also go to <http://www.westonaprice.org>www.westonaprice.org and read
these articles
<http://westonaprice.org/traditional_diets/ancient_dietary_wisdom.html>http://westonaprice.org/traditional_diets/ancient_dietary_wisdom.html
http://westonaprice.org/brochures/wapfbrochure.html
<http://westonaprice.org/knowyourfats/index.html>http://westonaprice.org/knowyourfats/index.html
(list of important articles on fats)
.
Healthy forms of saturated fats, stopping all toxins and getting the
toxins out are key.

The Body Ecology Diet is a program that a lot of folks use to try to
correct these issues and get folks guts healed.

I also know of another rather unusual and more extreme regime that
has proved to be remarkably successful for many, in fact most people
who try it.  If you want to know about it, let me know.

Bottom line, the party's over with processed foods and a lot of
substances that our society has inundated itself in, believing these
additives and preservatives, and etc. etc. to be harmless.  They are
harmful and out guts can't take any more.  They can't digest real
food any more.

Sincerely,

Mrs. Olive Kaiser
www.glutensensitivity.net
877-456-7704
877-888-6033 fax

Disclaimer --- I am a volunteer and not a medical expert, but I can
share with you information that I have found helpful. Please contact
a well informed medical professional for medical advice regarding
your situation.
Please verify the gluten free status of products often for your own
protection.