Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Connie Maltin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2007 02:41:13 -0400

Several days ago I posted that I had contacted Nestle about the fun
size Butterfingers in the Halloween mixed bags.  I posted the reply
with much joy when they stated that the product was GF.  I had
written because one of the ingredients was confectioners corn flakes
and I was unfamiliar  with that product.  Quite a few of you have
written back to question the corn flakes, as many commercial corn
flakes contain malt (barley) flavoring.  Another member kindly sent
me her response from Nestle, as she had written them to also question
the same ingredient.  I wanted to share with all of you that response.

Thank you for contacting Nestlé. We welcome questions and comments
from our consumers.
The Nestlé Butterfinger Bar is gluten free. Confectioner Corn Flakes
are made from degerminated corn grits.
For several years now Nestlé has been following a strict labeling
policy with regard to any of the "Big Eight" allergens in our foods
and incoming ingredients. We have insisted that our suppliers notify
us if gluten is used in any of their ingredients and yet is not
declared on their labeling. Thus, we believe that we have uncovered
any potential uses of gluten containing ingredients. Therefore, any
Nestlé products will be fully labeled for any presence of gluten or
gluten containing ingredients.
We are also sending our gluten free list via regular mail. Please
allow 7 to 10 business days for delivery.
We appreciate your interest in our products and hope you'll visit our
website often for latest information on Nestlé products and promotions.

I hope this will clarify confectioner corn flakes for everyone, and
the GF status.  Thank you to all who wrote back to me.  I am going to
go grab a couple of those Butterfingers and enjoy!  Hope you all have
a Happy Halloween.