ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kim Etheridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2007 11:42:23 -0500
Thanks, Sharon. Since I was born and raised in Alabama, I have no plans to
leave the state, unless God sends me somewhere else. I submit to Him in all
of this. Say, are group homes as bad as my aunt says they are? Granted, I
know you'll have responsibilities, but I barely have independent training. I
mean, what if I miss something while vacuuming, or well, you know. I'm not
making excuses. I know there are some good group homes, or foster homes, but
what agency would I go through? I'm almost scared to call DHR, because they
mostly deal in child abuse or domestic violence issues. I'm really scared
that one day I'm going to end up in a nursing home, for lack of independent
living skills. Ugh!