ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2007 19:45:26 -0600
So I start off doing a bit of planning of future things. I notice "Wow! I
got a lot of loose ends hanging around and I better get after them." Here
in our town they are having city wide garage sales and we have some stuff
to get rid of, not too much and all larger stuff not being used and we are
paying storage to keep it dry. So, I think to myself, "Self? You better get
that stuff organized so you can take advantage of the garage shoppers
roaming the streets this weekend". "I agree said I". So the first thing I
thought of was the gas powered post hole digger I bought when I had to put
in the fence for the day care.  "I need to get that gassed up and make sure
it gets started, it hasn't been run in nearly two years and all the gas has
dried up in it... gee I hope it starts. That would be embarrassing if
someone wanted to see it run and I couldn't get it started". Now I know
that piece of equipment takes a mixed gas, that is 2-cycle oil mixed with
the gas and I just know I've got a bottle somewhere in that
garage,  somewhere in or on that work bench. So? Off I go looking for the
little bottle of oil. Rummage, rummage, rummage, and rummage some more but
it isn't there. "I know its there" said I, so looking around in a box I see
my electric drill. "Hmmm. I better put this away  somewhere huh. But the
oil, I need to find the oil too.  Hmm I better put this away first though.
Hey I know what I'll do! I'll put it in that portable tool chest I got
yeah, that's it!" So I know that tool chest is buried somewhere among a
bunch of my wife's plant stuff. "Ah-ha! I found it!" But you know? I can't
even open it cause of the stuff in front of it". So I think. " I ought roll
this whole tool thing someplace closer to the work bench, but it would be
easier to move if the top part was off it, I should take the  top tool
chest part off first.  You know that upper piece of the tool chest might
look and work better if it were on top the work bench instead of sitting on
top of the base.  Hmm but I need to find that bottle of oil to get that
digger running. Hmmm, well. I better move this tool chest first.  I'll move
it over there to the bench yeah!" So I grab the upper tool drawer part and
carry it over to the work bench. "Hmmm. This bench top is a real mess isn't
it"? I stood there a minute and said, "Yep sho nuff is, yas-suh, sho' nuff
is." Looking around there is a huge box of toilet tissue I bought from my
supplier for the house, much cheaper than store bought and it is the same
thing, but this box is in the way. "I know" said I, "I'll put these rolls
somewhere in the house instead of having to come out here and dig around
when we need to restock , too bad I didn't do that with the last box, but I
really do need to find that oil and get that thing running. Hmm, but yeah ,
getting this box of paper out of here makes sense though  and I'll find the
oil later, so yeah I'm going to do that." So I put the tool chest down, my
arms were tired anyway, and grab on to that huge box and carry it into the
house saying, "Honey? Where can I put this toilet paper? I want to keep it
in here somewhere." We had a spare shelf on the top of our laundry room
closet, of course we did because everything that use to be in it, was
probably in the garage right? Right. Anyway, so I get a stool and we hand
off relay the rolls up yonder, dusting hands off and jumping down off the
stool I say "There that's done!" Off to the garage with a large, now empty
cardboard box. I think to myself, "Now, that oil, where is that oil?
Oh  but hey. You know what? This box I got is a good and sturdy one
and  would be good to store some stuff in! But, I got to find that
blasted  oil bottle, well maybe I'll find it when I load up this here empty
box with stuff!" So off to the workbench I go and find some box of
electrical parts, some rolls of wire, some other doodads and before you
know it the box is full. "Well now hmmm. Where can I put it?" I asked. "Ah.
I'll put it under the workbench on the storage shelf way to the right. Yep
that's the spot, oh but wait! She's got a  15 gallon storage can for bird
seed under there. Well I'll move it." Crunch, crunch, I hear, and I find
bird seed has been spilt and drizzled on the floor from the weird feeder
funnel thing she has. "My, my, my, this won't do. I need to vacuum this
mess up. But that oil. It's got to be around here somewhere and  if that
thing don't run, I'll need some time to work on it. Hmmm I better clean
this mess up first though." I say. And so I  needed to find the shop vac.
"Where did I put that shop vac now? Hmm. Oh yes it is right over on the
other wall of the garage." I got the shop vac and  think. "Sure would be
nice if I had the hose extensions so I wouldn't have to crawl around on the
ground using my hand as a human shop vac shroud, oh well I don't know where
they are, I'll find them later." I fire up the vacuum and  off I go.  With
the mess cleaned up, the box ready to store under the bench, I see more
mess is under the bench and "Hey! Here's the little rack thingy to hold all
the shop vac attachments! Wow cool! I've wondered where that went!" I think
to myself, "Geez if I had this hung somewhere I probably wouldn't have had
to crawl around on the ground a minute ago. I'll hang it up on the peg
board. That's what I'll do alright! Ah shoot. Should I do this? I need that
oil to mix the gas to get the digger running? Hmm. Decisions, decisions,
hmmm I'll hang this up, and it will only take a minute." So I remembered I
had some peg hooks around somewhere, oh yeah I remembered they were in a
tool box, so I find the hooks, hang the rack and smile with accomplishment.
"Hey. What's this on the work bench right below the rack I just hung and
behind the florescent lights I was suppose to hang up a year ago? Oh hey!
Why it's the pipe attachments for the shop vac I could have used a minute
ago when I was crawling around on the floor! Well. I'll just hang them up
now and find the rest of the shop vac attachments too and it's done then.
But well, yeah, that oil, that oil is beginning to grind my gears, but, no
time like the present so I better take a second and hang up the attachments
so I can find them when I want them." So I find some of the shop vac
attachments , hang them up, rest my hands on the bench top and notice,
"Hey! The top of the work bench? You know the part that you can actually
see at this point? It's pretty dirty. I'll grab one of the attachments and
vacuum it off, yeah that's what I'll do. But Brad, the oil, it isn't up
here Brad, you know that Brad. Yeah self?  well self, I'm vacuuming this
thing off first OK Self? I do hope that is alright with you Self". I tend
to argue with myself, it saves my wife a lot of grief not arguing with her
over things.  So vacuuming away I go and think, "As long as I'm vacuuming
this part, I might as well clean the rest off the bench top and vacuum it
too".  Needless to say, the little bottle of oil was found after I had
cleaned the entire garage, well nearly anyway. I was so far into cleaning
it now I wasn't about to quit. So the first thing I set out to do was the
last thing I wound up doing. I did mix up the gas, fired up the diggger in
a couple pulls and did get all the stuff set out for the sale in time plus
a cleaner garage.

This sort of thing seems to happen in various areas of lie from time to
time. Even in looking for something in the Word, a particular scripture and
before you know it I'm looking up the Hebrew meaning in a dictionary and
then that sparks a different question and another scripture look up and so
on. And sooner or later the rabbit trail seems  to run  full circle back to
the original  spot in search of the destination but with a clearer view.
Some times these rabbit trails are a fun hunt and  are  valuable in getting
loose ends tied up that need tying. Either that or I am  a slobbish ADDH
person with lack of focus. Maybe that is a bad confession or something, but
I  have a tendency to be in the middle of performing a song and find I'm
thinking something like, "Hmm I wonder if I ought work on the garage or
maybe get that office cleaned up and painted this week, and… hmmm what's
the next line in the song I'm suppose to sing? Wait, where am I in the song
anyway!" lol. Perhaps I rely too much on muscular memory, letting the mouth
sing the song while  the head is off God knows where. Speaking of
such,  Tomorrow is my first solo gig in a secular place, just me and my
portable PA I've set up a total of three times now lol. So if you think of
it, fold the hands in memory of that, I'd appreciate that thanks.

Brad