ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2007 20:39:31 -0600
Hi all,

I belong to a beading list.  One of its members sent an OT message that I
think should be spread far and wide.  It is below my name.

Sharon

A number of you may remember my post a while back about my friend
Robin Whittmore...a fellow Jewelry Artist in need of a bone marrow
transplant.

For the whole story see:
http://www.fightforherlife.org -
be sure to
click the link for info on her current condition.

Robin has received some devastating news - her blast count has risen
to a dangerous level and she has been hospitalized.
You may recall that we had held several auctions, and tried other
means of raising money for her transplant because Medicare didn't
feel that her situtaion was dire enough to cover it. Well it is
now!!!!

So the majority of the costs of the procedure and chemo is now
covered (they will still end up paying approx. $23,000 out of pocket)
however she still needs a donor! Please go to
http://www.marrow.org/HELP/Join_the_Registry/index.html
and see if
you qualify!

As you can imagine this has depleted the family's income and any
thought of savings. First the costs of covering the previous
treatments...now, the commute from NC to TX for each family member
and the costs of housing the family in TX adjacent to the hospital.
Those of you who have been hospitalized know just how important
having the support that you get from family can be.

So this is how YOU can help....

1. Do you have any frequent flyer miles that you would be willing to
donate?
2. Do you know anyone in the area of MD Anderson Cancer Clininc that
may have housing that they would be willing to donate or rent at a
reduced fee?
3. Would you help pay the hotel fees?
4. ...and of course cash donations are always helpful!

As I was writing this I just received this update from her son,
Fritz...

"Thanks for sending this out. Also, Mom just called to say that her
temp has continued to rise. It is now at 103.7! I am very frightened.
Please pray that it drops quickly. Thank you for your continued
prayers."

BTW - cards help alot (no flowers please her immune system is too
damaged from the chemo!

Send cards to -

Robin Whittmore
c/o Greenville Memorial Hospital
701 Grove Road
Greenville, SC 29605

Her room # is 5418.

Fritz is reading her cards to her when she doesn't feel like reading
them herself. All of the cards are in her room, so she can feel your
love all around her.

This isn't one of those frustrating situations where you can't afford
to help - even with the postal increase we can all afford to drop a
card or note in the mail and taking a few seconds to look to the
Universe and send your sentiments...PRICELESS!

So please PLEASE - send her energy, send her prayers, send her cards.
YOU can help her deal with each day!

Robyn Hawk

Robin's motto: Love your life through all circumstances. Blessings
are abundant, (even in the worst of times), if we only will have the
attitude that allows us to recognize them. A positive attitude gives
us strength, makes life sweeter, easier and more joyful. I'm lovin'
my life....RBW

__._,_.___
Messages in this topic
(1)