Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2007 17:26:44 -0800

Thanks to everyone who responded. I'm so excited to be going, and now I'm thrilled that eating gluten free should not be a problem.  Wish I could bring all back a little vial of spice as thanks!

  Diane

  Summary as follows:

If it is like SA, then you will be able to get restaurant meals quite
easily
as they tend to cook on site, rather than bring in half prepared foods.

The main difficulty is making sure the waiter understands you.  They
are
usually very anxious to please and will tend to assure you everything
is OK.

  You probably don't have to worry because (at least in Tanzania) mostly
English is spoken.  They grill a lot of meat in that part of the world.

Probably good to stick with cooked vegetables rather than raw and wash
your
fruit very well, even if you're going to be peeling it.  This is
probably
overkill, because Americans are generally healthier than the locals and
are
less subject to cholera.  Go and enjoy your trip. Watch how the food is

prepared if you can and you should be just fine. I don't believe
language
will be an issue for you.