ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 26 Aug 2007 20:33:33 -0600
Tee.

Run from this and don't look back. A dead give away is...

"Contributors to anthologies are NOT paid for their stories, as a
rule.  I've been published in two and had to even pay for my copies of the
book :)  Most of the time, authors, as I was, are just grateful to get
their work in print w/out having to deal with the publishing process."

Any written work that a publisher believes in will give an advance or
somehow pay you for your work.  Readers Digest will even pay you for
articles for crying out loud. If it were me? I'd run from this one. This is
an old bit of  publishers making money off of folks who want to break into
the writing business. Whether music or book writing, there are similar
sharks in both industries. You don't need this and you certainly can find
different. I initially thought the editor was naive to this sort of thing,
but they gave up a career in law??? I don't know, I'd either check it out
very very thoroughly or jsut  demand all your submitted print copy material
be returned and  make them sign a paper they will not use it. Just my
opinion though, I'm a bit skeptical of such.

Brad